Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Couple of Great Friends

I’ve recently added a few amazing things to my collection thanks to a couple of friends (who just happen to be a couple).

CaseyAutoPic

The first is this awesome autographed photo of “The Mayor” Sean Casey. My friend was having a private signing and if that wasn’t enough to participate, it was to benefit Sean’s charity, Casey’s Clubhouse. That made things a no-brainer.

Casey was a player that I always liked. He always seemed to find a spot on my fantasy teams thanks to his great average and good power. I was excited when he signed with the Red Sox as a free agent and he was having a great year with the Sox before sidelined with injuries. His stat line CaseyAutofrom his final year with the Sox is still a great one and he was a great spark off of the bench. That would end up being his final season in the majors. Casey is now retired and working for the MLB Network.

Also included in the package was this great surprise. An autographed Casey card from the 2008 Topps Updates & Highlights set. I’m not 100% sure, but I think this may have been Casey’s final baseball card. There may have also been an Upper Deck First Edition Update card, but I don’t think that I’ve ever seen that one.

Pirates

The second item is a set of these awesome Pirates autograph cards which were designed by my friend (and the other half of the couple). She’s got what many would describe as a dream job of doing graphic design for the Pirates. When I saw a preview of these that she posted, I knew that I had to have a set and they showed up in the mail yesterday. These are great cards and would look great autographed. In fact, the Doug Drabek was sent with an autograph included. I got 48 different cards which included current players, past players, coaches and even ownership and broadcasters. Great stuff.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment