Sunday, February 27, 2011

Case Break: 2007 UD Masterpieces Baseball: Box 4

DoerrTopper

Here’s a box topper of Red Sox great Bobby Doerr. Doerr’s #1 was retired by the Red Sox after a Hall of Fame career.

This is the fourth different box topper in four boxes which is a good sign. There’s one autographed box topper per case so that’s something to be on the lookout for during the course of this break. I think 16 of the 20 box toppers are available in an autographed version. I don’t think they are numbered, but you have to think that each one is fairly rare.

Greens

Green Linen/Windsor: Dice-K rookie, Cal Ripken, Victor Martinez, Miguel Cabrera and Howie Kendrick… Howie Kendrick?

Parallels

Ken Griffey Jr. Serious Black /99 and Cal Ripken/Tony Gwynn Rusted /50. Both of these parallels have already been sold.

Jerseys

Jake Peavy, J.J. Hardy and Khalil Greene. The Peavy is not available.

TuloAuto

Here’s an autograph of T7 TU also known as Troy Tulowitzki. I think this might be one of the rarer autographs in the set. Most of the autographs that came out of the case have multiple copies listed on eBay, but this card is not listed and has not ended recently either. Given that Tulo is a pretty popular player, I expect this card to do well. I think that has been confirmed by the 6 followers that this card already has gained in the 4 hours since it has been posted. That’s in the wee hours of the morning before eBay has sent out its saved search emails. This card is currently available on eBay.

So, there’s not much available from this box. If you have want lists from this set, send them along and I’ll see what I have. I came up just short of a 9th set due to finishing my set so I’ve got plenty of extra base cards.

 

3 comments:

longlivethewho said...

Unfortunately, I believe some of the box topper autos may come as redemptions. Let's just hope that's not the case.

Offy said...

Yes, the case that I Am Joe Collector just busted had an expired redemption for a Derek Jeter auto box topper. I know that expired redemption cards are a part of the hobby these days (and a shitty one at that), but I feel like you should always get something, and something nice, for an expired case hit redemption card. I think that Upper Deck told him that they wouldn't be able to do anything for him.

Fuji said...

Wow... great box... huge hit with the Ripken/Gwynn parallel. Congratulations.

Post a Comment