Monday, February 28, 2011

Case Break: 2007 UD Masterpieces Baseball: Box 14

RipkenTopper

Here’s the box topper of 2007 Masterpieces spokesperson Cal Ripken. Not only is he on the box, but he’s got four cards in the set. You can’t complain about having that many Ripkens especially when it increases your chances of pulling a Ripken parallel.

This is now the 14th different box topper that has come out of the case which makes it a lot easier for me to put together the set if I choose to do so.

Greens

Green Linen/Windsor: Craig Biggio, Joe Mauer, Chris Chambliss, Curt Schilling and ‘69 Mets

The Biggio and Mauer have been claimed and the Schilling is staying with me. The Chambliss and Mets are available.

Parallels

Hanley Ramirez Ruster /50 (sold) and Travis Hafner Serious Black /99

Jerseys

Curt Schilling, Roger Clemens and Roy Oswalt

I’ll be holding onto the Schilling and the Oswalt has been claimed. The Rocket is available.

SowersAuto

Here’s a Jeremy Sowers auto. Sowers is another player that I have to Google in order to know anything about…

Sowers was the 6th pick in the 2004 draft by the Cleveland Indians. He had a good rookie season in 2006 where he went 7-4 with a 3.57 ERA which is probably why he’s in this set. Things went downhill from there and he now has a career ERA of 5.18. His last season was 2009 and he had shoulder surgery on February 11th.

 

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

Oooh, another green linen Mauer! I'll let that one slide since I already claimed one. I happen to know someone who might want that one!

Post a Comment