Monday, February 28, 2011

Case Break: 2007 UD Masterpieces Baseball: Box 11

GehrigTopper

Here’s another one of the cards that really makes Masterpieces such a great set. This image is from Lou Gehrig’s famous retirement speech where he stated that he felt like the luckiest man on the face of the Earth. This is by far the most famous retirement speech and is also one of the classiest, if not the most. Many people in Gehrig’s shoes would have been bitter for the hand that they were dealt, but Gehrig always remained a class act.

For those keeping track, we’ve now got eleven different box toppers, but none of them are autographed.

Greens

Windsor Green Linen: Don Larsen, Lou Gehrig, Hideki Matsui, Walter Johnson and Curt Schilling

I’m going to keep the Schilling here with me, but everything else will be available.

 Parallels

Don Larsen Black Linen /99 and Cal Ripken Blue Linen /75

Jerseys

Adam Dunn, Huston Street and Jonathan Papelbon

I’m going to hold on to the Papelbon, but if you are interested then stay in touch because it might become available after this season once Papelbon walks or is traded. I like him in the laundry, but I have a feeling that his antics might wear thin once he’s with another team.

HennAuto

This looks more like a tribal tattoo than an autograph. It does look cool on the card though and I guess that’s what matters. Henn was all over 2007 Upper Deck sets and he couldn’t have been a bigger bust. I think this is his third different autograph that I’ve pulled out of 2007 Upper Deck products. I don’t even think that Yankees fans want these.

 

2 comments:

Charles @ Hoopography said...

I know you have boxes left to bust. Please let me know if you are interested in trading any of the Yankees cards you have gotten or will pull from here on out. Thanks.

Derek Hill said...

Add the Larsen to my pile please!

Post a Comment