Sunday, February 27, 2011

Case Break: 2007 UD Masterpieces Baseball: Box 3

HamiltonTopper

In a set full of cool paintings, this is one of the coolest. Hamilton finally got his life together and made it to the majors with the Reds in 2007 after being drafted in 1999 by the Rays, being picked by the Cubs in the 2005 Rule 5 draft and then sold to the Reds. The Reds decided to flip Hamilton to Texas for some pitching and the rest is history. Hamilton was my big sleeper pick in 2008 fantasy leagues and boy did he come up big.

This is the third of the twenty different box toppers.

Greens

Green Linen/Windsor: Cal Ripken, Roger Clemens, Reggie Jackson, Billy Butler and Bobby Thomson

Parallels

This box was all about my player collections. Here’s a Blue Steel Piazza numbered to 50 and a David Ortiz Black Linen numbered to 99. Both of these cards will be staying right here with me.

Jerseys

Scott Kazmir, Jeremy Bonderman and Scott Rolen

BourneAuto

I finally pull my first card that was actually autographed in this third box. Bourn, now with Houston, sure steals a lot of bases, but still needs to improve his on base percentage and draw more walks. He’s very similar to Jacoby Ellsbury in that regard.

It looks like Bourn has only signed his initials here with a big looping “MB” that looks like he spent way too much time coming up with.

Everything except the Ortiz and Piazza are available to purchase.

 

2 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

Send me an email about the Hamilton.

Offy said...

Right now, I think that I'm going to try and put together the box topper set, but if I come up really short on this case and decide on selling them, I'll contact everyone who has shown interest.

Post a Comment