Sunday, February 27, 2011

Case Break: 2007 UD Masterpieces Baseball: Box 5

ButlerTopper

Next up is a Billy Butler box topper. Butler has strung together two good seasons in a row, it’s just a shame that he plays for the Royals or his run and RBI totals would probably be higher. Kansas City does have some more young players working their way up to the Majors so there’s a chance that the team will improve if they succeed in the bigs.

This is the fifth different box topper, out of twenty, that I’ve pulled so far out of the case. So, things are looking good for building the set. If I do well on selling the bigger hits on eBay then I’ll hold on to these cards. If not, I’ll contact everyone who has shown interest.

Greens

Green Linen/Windsor: Frank Thomas, Michael Jordan, Ryan Zimmerman, Roger Maris and Bruce Sutter

Parallels

This case has been pretty good to me so far when it comes to my player collections. Here’s a David Ortiz Rusted /50 and a Kei Igawa Rusted /50. The Ortiz is staying with me and the Igawa has been sold already.

Jerseys

Eric Chavez, Carlton Fisk and Eric Gagne. All of these are available. Even though Gagne is listed as a Red Sox on the card, it seems more like a Dodgers card to me.

HampsonAuto

I have to admit that I have no clue who Justin Hampson is. Let me do a quick Google search. You’ll wait won’t you?

Hampson came up with the Rockies in 2006 and was plucked off of waivers by the Padres at the end of the 2006 season. He pitched for the Padres in 2007 and 2008. Was released by the Padres in 2009 while pitching in the minors and signed with the A’s. He became a free agent in November of 2009 and looks to have signed with the Mets on February 16th. He’s got a career record of 5-4 with an ERA of 3.38. He finished 20 games for the Padres in 74 appearances so it looks like he mostly pitched in low pressure situations. There’s got to be more to the story because those don’t look like stats of someone who should be searching for work.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I watched a ton of Padres baseball in 08, Hampson has the stuff, just was never able to get a real opportunity. Still an odd choice to have in that auto set. I don't remember him even being a huge prospect name for them. That was the year that Chase Headley was grabbing the headlines in Padres nation.

I pretty much stopped watching the Pads after they shipped Peavy out and their AAA club left Portland. Oh well. The my AL team Mariners have a bright future, right? Gonna be a long 162 games I'm thinking....

But good stuff there. You seem to have the Jordan touch as of late. Maybe you should bust more basketball with all the Jordans you pull. A Jordan numbered to anything is going to sell.

longlivethewho said...

Interested in the Butler if you need to move it.

Post a Comment