Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Collecting For A Cause

During the season, The Red Sox Wives foundation ran a special fund raiser where a donation of either $10 or $10 of non-perishable food allowed you to select one autograph from a Red Sox player. Since I work 10 minutes from Fenway Park, I figured that I would check it out after work. I’m glad that I decided to go. It’s always good helping out a worthy cause, but I got to do so and pick up some nice items for my collection.

SoxAutos

The Sharpie was running out, but this is still a nice Beckett autographed picture. It’s not an official collection, but I’ll add any autograph to my collection of someone from one of the World Series winning teams. Beckett was part of the 2007 Champions. The Papelbon looks even nicer and he was here for both the 2004 and 2007 Championships. He can be a bit of a dope, but he’s also one of the most dominant closers ever to play the game.

I like what they chose for the autographs for this giveaway. For those of you out there who have ever requested a fan pack from the Red Sox, these pictures might look familiar. These are the pictures that the team includes with those mailings. Items like this are perfect for autographs are these are awesome additions to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment