Saturday, October 29, 2011

Case Break: 2011 Topps Update: Box 4

Got caught up in the game last night and never got back onto the computer. I also seem to have injured myself in my sleep so typing is a bit of a chore. I’ll suck it up though and press on.

Cognac

Mr. Cub!

Platinum

Allen Craig! The only player hotter than him right now is David Freese. I have to get that card up on eBay immediately!

Gold

Yawn.

60

It’s always tough seeing Carlton Fisk wearing the wrong Sox. See Cubs fans, competent management makes all of the difference. There was a time when the Red Sox had bumbling fools running the show as well. Things will get better.

Duos

So, Sandy Koufax’s mother’s last name was Braun before she got remarried. Let’s throw them on a card together!

Kimball

A little less East Coast representation in this box.

Town

Does anyone do ToppsTown any more? I checked it out when it was new, but haven’t been on the site in years.

Hits

This is where paranoid me thinks that the hit I got shorted should have been a jumbo patch, dual relic or one of the bigger hits available. Honestly, if something goes wrong, it’s not going to go wrong with the basic ASG jersey swatches. I’m sure that’s what Topps is going to send me as a replacement though.

The Hope Diamond Ortiz will make a nice addition to my collection. I want to do a post showing how many different cards I have which use that same picture. Between Topps flagship and Chrome, it’s got to be in double digits. The case breaks have helped that, but I’ve picked up a few on eBay as well. There has got to be something wrong with me.

The Bard will also probably end up staying in my collection as well. It’s going to be interesting to see how the Red Sox handle things with Papelbon and Bard. Papelbon was lights out until the end of the season when the whole team fell apart. Bard started slow, was amazing in the middle of the season and them stunk up the joint at the end of the season. I don’t have a Bard auto yet, so it’ll make a nice addition to the collection.

Someone had posted about being interested in the Phillies, but I haven’t been able to contact them. So, the Hamels will be available if I can’t get in touch with them or if they aren’t interested in it.

 

1 comment:

Justin McLeod said...

Also need Napoli, Campana, and LeMahieu.

Post a Comment