Friday, October 28, 2011

Case Break: 2011 Topps Update: Box 2

I apologize, but these box breaks are going to be big on pictures and low on wordage.

Cognac

This box contained two Cognac legends. From what I’ve seen on eBay, these do carry a little bit of a premium. I may have to wait until next month to list a lot of these cards since I’ll want to wait until I’ve got a new batch of 50 free listings to use. Every little bit of money saved on this case is going to help.

Platinum

Two Big Papi’s in one box? Yes, please. I’m hoping that the Red Sox decide to bring him back. It would be too weird seeing him in another uniform.

Gold

Did I mention David Ortiz? If I were just buying one box for myself, I would never get this kind of box that puts three cards into my personal collection. Any cards here that you want in your collection? Drop me an email or leave a comment. If you do leave a comment, make sure that I have a way of contacting you.

60

I noticed that a lot of the cards in this installment of the Topps 60 insert set have players in jerseys that you don’t normally see them in.

Duos

The relic version of the Hosmer/Belt card is one of the cooler pulls available from this product. They look a lot like Panini relic cards since Topps just shoved the windows into the regular cards.

Kimball

I really don’t get this whole East Coast Bias thing that people keep writing about. There’s 3 Yankees, 2 Red Sox, an Oriole, a Philly and a Ray…oh.

Town

Is there anything to be said about ToppsTown?

Hits

I think I may have to start a Jimmie Foxx SP collection. I’ve got two now, but hopefully this one will be sold on eBay. The Rubby De La Rosa will be on its way to Night Owl and the Beltre will be off to Play at the Plate. The other three are up for grabs if you want them.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the look of the Leather nameplate stuff more than I like manu-patches. At least they remind me of baseball. And for player collectors, they'd add a bit of a flair to a collection.

Justin McLeod said...

... and I need Marquis, D-Lee, and Uehara from this box.

Anonymous said...

Add the Jimmy Foxx to my pile please!!

Post a Comment