Monday, September 26, 2011

Case Break: 2011 Topps Chrome Baseball: Box 6

Retro

I have duplicates of Posey, Longoria and Braun that are available from the two boxes that I busted for my birthday.

Heritage

This box contained two Heritage Refractors. I’m going to have to send the Adrian Gonzalez back for a replacement though. The top left and bottom right corners are smashed and it looks like one card was printed over another. I’ll have to post a high resolution scan of the card so you can see what I mean. Everything except the Gonzalez is available to be purchased.

Ref 1

Chipper got a little chopped, but I did the best that I could to fit all of the cards without having to position any of them sideways. Big Papi is staying with me, but the rest can be yours.

Colors

I really got shorted on this box. In other boxes when I was shorted a colored refractor, I would get a black heritage refractor. I had no such luck with this box. All I got was disco Mickey Mantle and nothing else. He’s available if you want him.

Autos

Two base autos of players who aren’t in high demand on eBay. Revere has gotten hot for the Twins late in the season from the lead-off position. Drabek hasn’t performed well for the Blue Jays this year. Both cards are available.

PlateIt’s always nice when you get a little something different in a box. There was a reason why I was shorted a colored refractor:

With 1/1 Superfractors and Canary Diamonds available, I was pretty disappointed to get a printing plate for my 1/1. This is a Matt Young magenta printing plate that sold for $10 on eBay.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

would love to trade for the Mick!!

Post a Comment