Friday, September 23, 2011

Case Break: 2011 Topps Chrome Baseball: Box 2

Retro

I have duplicates from my personal boxes of Hanley, Teixeira and Hellickson that are available.

Heritage

The Red Sox pictured here will most likely find their way into my collection (yes, even the Crawford). The Pedroia is a refractor and the David Wright is a black refractor which is numbered to 62 and is currently on eBay with a starting bid of $20. The three base are available.

Ref

All non-BoSox cards are available. Yes, the Cobb is a refractor even though it doesn’t appear to be in the scan.

Colors

It looks like the Black Heritage refractor replaced one of the other colored refractors in the box. I really like the Sepia refractors and am glad that Topps added them this year. Both of these cards are available.

Autos

Both of these are base autos, but Trumbo is one of the top autographs available in the set so I’ll take it any way that I can get it. The Trumbo has been listed on eBay, but the McGee is available. That’s it for box 2.

 

2 comments:

Cheap Card Collecting said...

I'm trying to decide between Heritage Minor League and Chrome since I'm going to the LCS tomorrow. IDK if you've busted Heritage, but what are your opinions on chrome?

Offy said...

Sorry that I didn't see this sooner. Personally, I'd go with Chrome. I like the look of the cards more. The sets are pretty similar though. Both boxes give you two autos per box, but the Chrome ones are on-card while the Heritage ones are stickers. I really like the look of the colored refractors in Chrome and don't really like the look of the tinted cards in Heritage. There are always some big names in Chrome, but other than Harper, you're going to have to wait a while on most anything you pull from Heritage.

I had a lot of fun busting the Chrome. I like minor league products, but Heritage just doesn't do it for me.

Post a Comment