Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Should They Stay Or Should They Go?

Even though I've joked a few times about the fact that the Blake Griffin McDonald's card is now a $700 card, I couldn't have been happier when I sold it and am still happy now. The card gave me a big chunk of extra cash that I earmarked for finally adding a Mike Piazza autograph to my collection. It was by far the most that I had ever spent on a card, but since it was "found money" it didn't phase me at all. Also, the Piazza auto is a much more appreciated part of my collection than the Griffin ever would have been.

I'm currently at a crossroads as to where I want to head with the future of my collection. I've got some really great cards that just don't do anything for me personally. There was a time when they did, but I'm thinking that they might now be better served as eBay fodder to help bolster my collection with cards that will mean more to me.

What I'm looking to acquire are autographs, especially on-card, of Celtics Hall of Famers. Thanks to Panini, there are currently a good number of these cards in the hobby and I'm thinking that it would be a really nice collection to have. So, if anyone out there has any cards that fit this description that they'd like to trade, please drop me a line because I'll make it worth your while.

If I don't get any takers on trades, there will be some nice Pujols, Ichiros and other assorted cards going up on eBay this weekend. The only card that I think I might change my mind on is my Ken Griffey Jr Sweet Spot bat auto. The $40 or so that this cards normally sells for is a crime, but it is due to the fact that there are 5 different variations of almost the same card totaling around 1,250 of these autographed bat cards. My card is the last one of the run and I've seen first hand how those cards can sometimes get on eBay. So, I may toss it up there with a ridiculous price and take offers on it to see what happens. If someone offers the right price, I might regrettably let it go, but I think that I'll most likely hold onto that one.

1 comment:

Charlestown Jack said...

what's the back story on the Blake card?

Post a Comment