Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gold Medal Replacement?

I was pretty excited upon arriving home from work this evening when I spotted an envelope from Upper Deck in my mailbox. My replacement for the Michael Johnson had finally arrived! Which of the cards or players or teams that I requested would the envelope contain? Bill Russell? Larry Bird? Kevin Garnett? Mike Piazza? Big Baby? Watch the video and find out:

I’m not going to write a whole lot right now because I’m trying to figure out exactly what I think about this. What I’m curious about is what do you think? Was I overvaluing the Michael Johnson card? Can a card that doesn’t exist have value? Undervaluing these cards? What say you?

5 comments:

Derek Hill said...

I think the Williams is an okay card but not to replace a former Olympic champion. I would be disappointed as well.

the sewingmachineguy said...

"I'm whelmed"... so good.
Bad trade off.

Offy said...

I can't take credit for it. It was a running joke on an episode of Young Justice and has been stuck in my head ever since.

Play at the Plate said...

I think "whelmed" would be overstating my thoughts if I were in your shoes. I might have let UD have an earful in the video when I opened that package.

Offy said...

My first action was a nice replay to them letting them know that I wasn't happy with what I received, but it is a week later and I haven't gotten a reply. I'm thinking that they could have possibly been busy with the Screw the Customer Summit and so I sent the email again.

Post a Comment