Monday, March 14, 2011

His Cards Are Injured Too

StrasburgFoilWhen it comes to the cards that I’ve pulled out of packs, it seems like Strasburg on cardboard is just as fragile as in real life. First there was the Chrome rookie that I had to send back because the indentations were offset and now I’ve got a 2011 Topps that needs sending back because the foil didn’t advance completely before being stamped onto the next card. This isn’t anywhere near a hot card, but it’s the principle of the matter and this card will be sent back along with the rest of the cards from the pack that ended up like this (along with a Jonathan Singleton Bowman Platinum auto with surface damage). It’s the principle of the thing.

I was hoping that 2011 would mean increased quality control from Topps, but I’ve seen a ton of foil issues so far from the flagship set. Hopefully 2011 Chrome is an improvement over last year. Last year’s set was pretty much a complete disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment