Saturday, January 14, 2012

Check Out My Cowens

COMCowens

I always make a note in my head of the first card that I buy on CheckOutMyCards after requesting a batch of cards to be sent to me. The purchase is usually made a day or so after requesting delivery. I had been waiting a while for this card between purchasing it and having it in my possession.

This card adds another to my total for my Celtics Retired Number collection. I think I’ve got around 10 autos now. I think this chase is going to be more of a focus for me this year since there are still a decent number of inexpensive autos that I can add before I start chasing some of the tougher ones such as Bird, Cousy and Auerbach.

4 comments:

TJ said...

Very nice. I've been thinking about adding some more Celtics to my collection. I've been missing being a Celtics fan. It's been a long time and I'm Portland all the way, but New England is a part of me still. I shouldn't deny it!

Go Pats!

Offy said...

I've been having a lot of fun putting this collection together. It might not be so fun once I have to shell out the cash for autographs of Bird, Cousy and Auerbach. The Panini Basketball Hall of Fame set made a lot of affordable autographed cards available for players that didn't have a lot of cards out there prior to that.

I was lucky that I already had Dennis Johnson, got Bill Russell at a book signing and picked up the Reggie Lewis Upper Deck Authenticated piece cheaply. I came extremely close to winning a Cousy card in a blog contest a few years ago, but ended up second. I'm going to keep my eyes open at the White Plains show. I'm sure they'll be dying to get rid of any Celtics they may have.

the sewingmachineguy said...

"Wanna come over and check out my Cowens?"
I used a similar line on a chick once.

Offy said...

I think I would have gone with Cousy.

Post a Comment