Wednesday, January 5, 2011

State of the Blog

After a little spurt of posting, things have fallen off a little bit again.  This time it was for a very good reason though.  I’ve done something for the first time that I’ve been looking to do for a while now and that’s bust a case of cards.  I’ve been saving and researching to try and see what affordable case out there would give me the best chance of pulling something big.  How did I do?  Check in over the course of the next week to see.

Want to win free boxes of cards?  I just won a box of 2010 Topps Unrivaled Football from The Cardboard Connection and now they are giving away a box of 2010 Topps Prime Football.  Head on over to that page and sign up and if you don’t mind, enter this blog when it asks how you heard about the site.  Not only does The Cardboard Connection have great giveaways, but they also have a great library of articles.  Definitely worth your time if you haven’t checked it out already.

You all remember that recent post that I made about the half box of Chrome cards that I had to send to Topps?  Once Topps was back from vacation, I tweeted the link to them which fell on deaf ears so you can add that to the pile.  In other news, I’m currently working with Upper Deck customer service on a couple of issues and have a card to send back to Panini as well so I can do another customer service comparison.  The weird thing is that before producing a year’s worth of terrible cards (quality-wise) in 2010, Topps used to have pretty good customer service, but now it seems like they are overwhelmed with all of the replacing that they have to do and the quality has slipped.

EDITED TO ADD: Did get a response from Topps and my suspicions were correct:

toppscards Topps Company @offy I did read it. Chrome replacements were fulfilled en masse, which means they probably didn't have time to respond individually.

toppscards Topps Company @offy Not that that's a good excuse, just the realities of the limited resources we have in CS right now. It's a work in progress.

I’ve still got some box breaks to post and some other random posts floating around my head.  I’m also working on building up the prize piles for the winners of my last contest.  Stay tuned for the beginning of the case break.

 

N8XWME7KJHZ4

 

Technorati Tags:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be interested to see what case you busted. Novel idea. Could you at least hint to the sport you chose?

Play at the Plate said...

Congrats on winning the Unrivaled box...I saw your name on the Newsletter!

Offy said...

Thanks, I was pretty excited to find out that I had won. I'm hoping that the box shows up Thursday or Friday so that I've got something to bust. I checked out some box breaks on YouTube and it seems like an interesting product. I'd love to pull a patch autograph of one of the Patriots rookie tight ends.

Post a Comment