Monday, April 11, 2011

This Was Why We Acquired Him

Beckett

Some Red Sox fans might have forgotten, but tonight’s game was exactly why the Red Sox sent off the extremely talented Hanley Ramirez to bring Josh Beckett to Boston. Beckett built a bit of a reputation in Florida for being able to shut down the Yankees in pressure packed situations.

I know it is still early in the season, but this seemed like the most important 9th game of the season ever and Beckett stepped up big time. Since it is still early, it’s too soon to proclaim Beckett back to form. He shut down a pretty impressive offense tonight though and double digit strikeouts are always impressive.

Beating the Yankees is always nice. Getting the second win of the season was good. The best part of the game tonight was seeing dominating performances by both Beckett and Papelbon. Any championship runs will require strong performances from both of them.

 

Technorati Tags: ,

3 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

Did my e-mail make it?

Offy said...

It did. I'm so behind on everything at the moment due to having only a one day weekend and spending that day at the Red Sox game and seeing Chris Hardwick. I've got a three day weekend so I'll get all caught up on things by then.

Greg Zakwin said...

No worries, just wanted to make sure it actually sent. My e-mail has a funny way of screwing me over haha.

Post a Comment