Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Falling Behind Again

It seems like I just can't keep my head above water these days. Things have been busy, busy, busy and it has lead to many piles of cards on my desk and unanswered emails. If I owe you something or haven't gotten back to you, please send me another reminder because I could use it. Also, if there's a team whose trade bait you'd like to see posted before any other, let me know and I'll move it to the top of the list.

Life has been good though. I just celebrated my 5 year anniversary and as part of the celebration, I added a new minor league ballpark to my collection. We went to see the Portland Sea Dogs this past Friday night at Hadlock Field. It's a great little field that pays homage to Fenway Park with its own replica of the Green Monster and Citgo Sign. I came home with a new Sea Dogs hat, baseball, pin, team set and soft serve ice cream helmet for my various collections. The weather wasn't great, but we got to visit the children's, art and cryptozoological museums while we were there. Boston sports have been amazing. The Celtics swept the Knicks out of the playoffs and earned some much needed rest. The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 games with a starter's ERA of 0.88. The Bruins have turned things around after looking like they were going to fold in the playoffs again.

This weekend is the big Boston Comicon that has an amazing guest list. Work is keeping me busy. Family is always the priority. I just keep telling myself that it could be worse, I could be on Upper Deck's schedule and take four months to get something done. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for my Paul Pierce card to get to me. I'll probably do a little video of opening that since I have no clue what the actual card that I'm getting is going to look like.

2 comments:

Dawgbones said...

I'm so jealous, the Sea Dogs are my favorite Minors team. I've been trying to find a Sea Dogs Lanyard for work for a couple years now!! I have a Sea Dogs Batting hat and a sea dogs shirt from when they were a Florida affiliate, I just love that logo. I wish there was a comicon closer to me, work prevents me from going very far on the weekends!! I love the Zenescope exclusives. Luckily, my local comic shop is tight with them and normally gets some of the better covers after the show. Sounds like you had a GReat time.

Offy said...

I was very impressed with the merchandise that the Sea Dogs had for sale. I don't remember if there was a lanyard available, but they seemed to have everything else.

The interesting thing about the Sea Dogs is that a lot of players who played for them while they were a Marlins affiliate ended up making their way to the Red Sox. Kevin Millar and Adrian Gonzalez being two of the bigger names.

I love the logo as well. That's why I ended up coming home with a souvenir cup, ice cream hat, baseball cap, baseball, pin and program.

I don't know if this con is going to have any special exclusives. It's independently run, but it's going to be ten times better than the Wizard World that was here last September. That show didn't really have any exclusives either. Wizard is a shell of it former self these days.

Post a Comment