Friday, April 15, 2011

Now That’s Customer Service

Hooray! I just got off of the phone with Upper Deck customer service and I couldn’t be happier. I am sending back the Jeff Green and Deron Williams cards that were originally sent to me as replacements for my Michael Johnson Alma Mater /99 autographed card. In return, I got to pick from a couple of cards that the replacement department said that they had available. The main card is a Paul Pierce autographed card that is numbered to 34 copies. Since Pierce is my main current basketball player collection, I couldn’t be happier.

I’ve also got to say that dealing with this over the phone instead of through email was so much easier. I had to wait on hold for a couple of minutes, but I had no problem with that. In the end, I was thrilled with the final result. I had to go to the post office tomorrow anyway to mail out some trade packages so I’ll make sure that these cards get out to Upper Deck as quickly as possible because I can’t wait to see the Pierce card.

Thank you Upper Deck.

7 comments:

the sewingmachineguy said...

Great! A little faith restored. I wish UD would get a baseball license.

Offy said...

I waiver back and forth. I wasn't buying many Upper Deck products when they had a license because of the price. I can't feel sorry for them because everything that happened to them they brought upon themselves. Even after this experience, they still rank at the bottom of the customer service rankings by a large margin since I'm still waiting on the in-stock draft redemption cards that I submitted on December 30th.

Fuji said...

Congratulations... looking forward to seeing your post with the Pierce autograph.

Hopefully... they'll come through on my Joe Montana Strokes of Genius autograph ;-)

Offy said...

Have you spoken to anyone? Even if they can't send you that exact Montana, you should do alright just from them matching the book value on that card.

I'll be sending a package out to you in the mail tomorrow. It has some cards as a thank you for those Masterpieces cards and some cards as a prize for the contest that I had months ago.

Fuji said...

I spoke to a UD representative the day I pulled it and they told me to send in the redemption card. I haven't heard from them since. I was hoping they'd contact me, but maybe I'll give them a call next week.

Love surprise packages... look forward to seeing what you send. Btw... I have a few extra Masterpieces I got in a lot I purchased. Lmk which ones you still need... I might be able to send you a few more.

Derek Hill said...

I'm still waiting to hear back about a redemption too. I contacted them and they told me to send it in with delivery confirmation. I emailed them again 4 weeks later(last week) and still haven't heard back

Offy said...

They're way behind. I'm pretty sure that they're working with a tiny staff these days and it shows because it took them a month to reply to an email and I've been waiting three and a half months for in-stock redemption cards. I would give give them a call, the people manning the phones there are great, and just check in to see what the status of things are . They do say that it takes 6-8 weeks to replace a card for something of equal value though.

Post a Comment