Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Big Big Baby Haul

BigBabys

I’ve been lucky enough to add some amazing Big Baby cards to my collection over the past month or so. Starting form the top left and going clockwise:

  • 2007-08 Topps Finest RC blue refractor numbered 120/199. I already had this card, but I picked up this second copy at a great price and also got a David Robinson black refractor /75 from the same seller with combined shipping.
  • 2008-09 Topps Chrome gold refractor 26/50. I found this card on SportLots.com when I was picking up some cards for my various player collection. It was listed at $3, so I threw it in my cart. If this card were listed on eBay, it would cost $3 for shipping alone.
  • 2009-10 Topps yellow printing plate 1/1. This is my first 1/1 of Big Baby and now that I think of it, it’s the first 1/1 of any player that I collect.
  • 2007-08 Fleer Hot Prospects Rookie Autograph Patch 310/599. Things really lined up for the acquisition of this card. I got both a nice patch swatch and a nice price. I’ve seen one color patch pieces go for more money than what I paid for this one.
  • 2008-09 Topps black parallel 34/51. Goes nicely with the gold card above it.
  • 2007-08 Upper Deck Chronology RC autograph 69/99. I already had a copy of this card as well, but I was watching it and the price was so low that I had to pick up another copy. There are now only 97 other copies out there.

I really need to get my Big Baby collection scanned and posted online. Since he’s not a huge star, I’ve been able to pick up much better cards of him than I can of most of the other players that I collect.

 

Technorati Tags: ,,

1 comment:

longlivethewho said...

Nice pickups... lovin' the colored chrome.

Post a Comment