Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sports Syzygy?

A syzygy is a powerful convergence, usually of planets, but in this case of sports teams.  The first decade of the 21st century was dominated by Boston sports teams with the city hosting six championship parades.  The three Patriots Super Bowl victories, two Red Sox World Series triumphs and Celtics 17th Championship Banner made it a great time to be a Boston sports fan.  There were some amazing moments in those titles runs: The Steal, The Tuck, Pierce outplaying LeBron in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals, The Bloody Sock and clutch game-winning field goals.  Things were definitely aligned the right away.

The new title also refers to the convergence of my collection.  Since I'm collecting on a budget, any time that I can add something meaningful to my collection it is a special moment.  All of the pulls, purchases and trades add more synergy to my collection.

2 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

I'm switched over!

Offy said...

Cool, thanks. Hopefully I can keep up my momentum here at the new blog.

Post a Comment