Thursday, February 2, 2012

More Teasing

It looks like I’m going to be able to pick up a box of Topps Jumbos tomorrow (whoops, forgot to post this and already picked up the box). That’ll be a fun break and I’ll make sure to post the blow-by-blow here. I love the jumbo boxes even though I haven’t had much luck with the baseball versions. I had amazing luck with basketball pulling rip cards and Blake Griffin autos, but baseball has not been very, very good to me.

I spoke to someone on the phone at Panini about the replacement for my Cheryl Miller autograph card a week before redeeming my Eric Hosmer redemption card. The Hosmer has shipped while there’s still no sign of anything from Panini. Gee, I wonder why I’ve sworn off buying any more packs of Panini products (except maybe stickers).

My COMC order shipped today. I’m pretty excited about this order since it’s got higher quality cards in it than usual due to some big sales of my own cards on there. What’s coming? Here’s a breakdown: 1 pre-rookie, 4 Kent Hrbek, 4 Robert Parish, 2 Kevin McHale, 3 Panini Hall of Fame, 5 Piazzas, 19 serial numbered cards, 3 Brains, 10 Celtics, 6 rookies, 6 Pierces, 1 Jeremy Piven, 2 relics, 2 autos, 2 Bryce Brentz and 2 Tom Bradys (in the awesome throwbacks).

I probably won’t be opening another case of anything for a while due to saving up for the Boston ComicCon in April. I want to get some commissions from Katie Cook and Stephanie Buscema and maybe another artist or two. Original art is pretty pricey, but it’s worth it. Hopefully I’ll be able to pick up a case of something this summer.

2 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

I think it sucks you want to buy basketball and Panini sucks so much. At least you don't have that taking away from the money you're saving for ComicCon. Good luck!

Offy said...

It's ridiculous. I wasn't a huge fan of Upper Deck, but I now know how many people feel who preferred their cards over all of the others. I pick up some singles here and there, but that's about it. They overvalue their serial numbered jersey cards, which there are a ton of. They're supposed to contribute $10 - $20 of value to many of their boxes and you can buy many of the top stars for $2 - $3 because they do the same thing over and over again.

I'm excited about ComicCon. If you get a moment, Google Katie Cook and Steph Buscema and check out their artwork. They do some amazing stuff.

Post a Comment