Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hanx For The Memories

Hanx

I’m not quite sure what to think of these Razor cards. I finally found this Tom Hanks wardrobe card for a decent price over on CheckOutMyCards.com and so I decided to take the plunge.

These cards couldn’t be more non-descript. “This card includes an actual piece of clothing worn by Tom Hanks.” While I’d love a piece of the eye-catching suit that Hanks wore in Big, this certainly isn’t a piece of that. It’s blue and corduroy and…well, that’s about it. I can’t think of any specific movie that Mr. Hanks wore this kind of blue corduroy in, but he’s been in a ton of movies at this point. That being said, I doubt that this card is from any movie wardrobe. I know that celebrities often will donate old clothes to be auctioned off for charity and I’m thinking that something like that is more likely the source of this clothing swatch. I’ve been a Tom Hanks fan for most of my life. Heck, I was a fan of his before I even knew who he was. (I loved Bosom Buddies as a kid.) He’s an amazing actor and a class act, which seems to be rare amongst celebrities in this day and age. Tom’s former cords are a quirky addition to my collection.

2 comments:

Mark Aubrey said...

I've always thought of corduroy as a vertical fabric. It seems odd to me to see it displayed horizontally.

"I was just working on my new technique for walking in corduroy pants to eliminate the scraping when your thighs rub together." - Steve Martin as Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr in The Man With Two Brains.

Offy said...

I thought the exact same thing.

Post a Comment