Monday, December 26, 2011

Hobby Related Presents

So, there weren't any physical cards under the tree for me to open on Christmas morning, but I did get one hobby related gift this year. I am being sent down to the White Plains show in January to get an in-person Mike Piazza autograph at the show. It wasn't too long ago that I finally added a Piazza autographed card to my collection and this new addition will be even sweeter.

So, I'm trying to determine exactly what it is that I want to get signed. I'm leaning towards an 8x10 that will then go up in my mini-wall of fame. I think I've posted pictures of how I'm going to set up that well. So far, there's just my Jorge Garcia signed picture up there along with his McFarlane Lost figure. I plan on doing the same with my Paul Pierce and Dwight Evans autos along with figures. (I'll have to use a Starting Lineup for Evans until I can find a customized McFarlane.) Piazza would be the fourth and will complete the wall nicely. Picking out a specific picture is even tougher than deciding which type of item to get signed. There are a good amount of pictures available on Amazon for $4. I also have some pictures already framed that I might pop out to get signed and then put back in the frame.

Decisions. Decisions.

Other than that, I'm going to go into an eBay listing spree and make full use of my 50 free listings for December and January to raise some extra cash for the show. Anyone else going to be there? I'm going mainly for the autograph, but I'd love to meet up any other card bloggers who may make their way to the show on Saturday.

So excited!

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Wow... that's pretty cool that you're going to meet Piazza. If I lived out there, I'd be in line for Piazza too. Best of luck on your eBay sales & hope you have a Happy New Year.

jenne said...

You're welcome ;) i love you!

Post a Comment