Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Panini Prize

A while back, I entered a Panini contest that they had posted on their blog. They post contests frequently and I’ve got to say that they are an extremely generous company. Tracy Hackler is all over Twitter and the blog interacting with fan at a level that you don’t see form any of the other card manufacturers out there. Topps can be close, but they go through some long stretches of silence. Upper Deck needs to hire someone more professional to man their social media accounts. That’s all beside the point though.

Panini asked their readers what they liked the most about one of their upcoming football products. I commented because it seems like Panini finally was releasing a set that mastered the autographed manufactured patch. The letters were thick and made of a material that the Sharpie didn’t bleed into. My comment was picked randomly and I was notified that I was a winner while I was laid up after my kidney stone surgery.

Today, while at work, my wife sent me a text to let me know that I had a large envelope from Panini waiting for me at home. I couldn’t wait to get home and open it up. The last time that I won something from Panini, it was a Kobe Bryant autographed card. What would arrive this time?

NewtonPhoto

Panini sent this amazing autographed 8x10 of Heisman Trophy winner and #1 pick Cam Newton which I’m guessing was signed at the rookie premiere. To me, this goes above and beyond what I’d expect to receive as a prize from a contest where I just shared my thoughts on a product. I’ve got to run out and get a frame for it and find a place to hang it in the man cave.

Thanks Panini!

 

Technorati Tags: ,,

4 comments:

Post a Comment